Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

AEM MAP, Best place to place it. And how to install it thanks in advance.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default AEM MAP, Best place to place it. And how to install it thanks in advance.

Name:  djhgf.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  116.4 KB

she is turbo now, well it shoulbe for tomorrow if I figure this out.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Huh?
Old 04-27-2012, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ScionFred
Huh?

So I got this far, the only remaining item to install is the AEM PEMS 2, the thng is that I dont exactly know how to conect the VAC lines to the wastegate and MAP sensor. Any help would be really apreciated
Attached Thumbnails AEM MAP, Best place to place it. And how to install it thanks in advance.-imag0191.jpg   AEM MAP, Best place to place it. And how to install it thanks in advance.-imag0193.jpg   AEM MAP, Best place to place it. And how to install it thanks in advance.-30-2130-75_med.jpg  
Old 04-28-2012, 07:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm still a bit unclear about what you're installing (PEMS 2?) but the MAP sensor can be installed into your vacuum block (if you have one) or it should come with a barb hose fitting that screws onto the NPT threaded end. For vacuum connection the MAP sensor should connect to an intake manifold vacuum source.

The wastegate can also be connected to the same intake manifold source but it's better to connect it to the fitting on the turbo compressor housing. The brake booster vacuum line is a good place to tap into for vacuum and the best way is to tap a vacuum block into that line and then connect your BOV, MAP sensor, etc. to the block.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm still a bit unclear about what you're installing (PEMS 2?) but the MAP sensor can be installed into your vacuum block (if you have one) or it should come with a barb hose fitting that screws onto the NPT threaded end. For vacuum connection the MAP sensor should connect to an intake manifold vacuum source.

The wastegate can also be connected to the same intake manifold source but it's better to connect it to the fitting on the turbo compressor housing. The brake booster vacuum line is a good place to tap into for vacuum and the best way is to tap a vacuum block into that line and then connect your BOV, MAP sensor, etc. to the block.
Thanks that helped me a lot sir
Old 04-29-2012, 06:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're welcome and good luck with the project. I hope that you'll take some time to post a thread about your build when you can. It looks like you have the Descendent kit but upgraded from the buggy FIC to the AEM EMS2. Good move, albeit expensive with all the extra tuning time. I'm assuming that the MAP sensor is for the EMS although it looks just like a boost gauge sending unit. Same thing really...
Old 04-29-2012, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Just making sure my vas and ecu are conected correctly before...

You're welcome and good luck with the project. I hope that you'll take some time to post a thread about your build when you can. It looks like you have the Descendent kit but upgraded from the buggy FIC to the AEM EMS2. Good move, albeit expensive with all the extra tuning time. I'm assuming that the MAP sensor is for the EMS although it looks just like a boost gauge sending unit. Same thing really...
I attached 2 pics, one of my ems s2 that where the arrow is I have nothing to conect there, my harnes goes in the first 3 plugs and then one on the MAP. And i'm wondering if anything goes there. In the wastegate vac line making sure I got e'm right??? : /

And I wonder If I have the Descendant Base map istalled.
Attached Thumbnails AEM MAP, Best place to place it. And how to install it thanks in advance.-ems2.jpg   AEM MAP, Best place to place it. And how to install it thanks in advance.-waste.jpg  
Old 04-30-2012, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Everithing Good for now just wating till tomorow for world motorsports to send me their base map uploaded and crank her, hope everithing goes the way it should. Took me 3 full days to get the kit properly installed. And I also had a friend to come over and help me out with the exaust parts wich where the hardest part to instal since I ahd the box on jacks. But after all the kit looks pretty well made, my cousing owns a machine shop and he was really amazed with the turbo mani.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scionxbpr
I attached 2 pics, one of my ems s2 that where the arrow is I have nothing to conect there, my harnes goes in the first 3 plugs and then one on the MAP. And i'm wondering if anything goes there. In the wastegate vac line making sure I got e'm right??? : /

And I wonder If I have the Descendant Base map istalled.

I can't help you with the EMS2 but for the wastegate, you should attach the vacuum line between the turbo compressor housing fitting and the WG fitting closest to the engine. The other fitting on the WG should be rotated down so nothing falls into it and left vented to atmosphere unless running a boost controller.

Good luck Bro!